2 x DESIGN ENGINEERS
Key engineering position that requires a solid mechanical engineering foundation. Responsibilities include analysis and design of all electromechanical and hydraulic systems that are required for our range of Standard Actuators and Specialist Actuation Solutions.
These systems include machine designs involving manifolds, cylinders, gears, motors, instrumentation and electronic control systems. Responsible for managing day to day engineering design approval process, supporting sales, project management and manufacturing for all new product sales orders.
- Design and configuration of all mechanical, hydraulic and controls components for our standard Actuator product range.
- Submission of GA, HC & EC drawings to customers on a timely basis to support he projects manager.
- Completion and configuration of BOM and assembly/manufacturing drawings to support manufacturing and procurement.
- Assist the project manager in checking customer design reviews and identifying change orders from customer reviews.
- Manage multidisciplined new product development projects, including an understanding of roles and responsibilities for engineering, procurement and manufacturing.
- Develop and maintain action plans identifying tasks, resources and start/completion dates.
- Assist marketing and sales with identifying product requirements through market research and the voice of the customer.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering required preferably with Hydraulic and/or Electrical Controls experience
- Practical international project delivery experience
- Experience developing and launching new products through structured process
- FEA experience required (Solidworks Simulation and/or Autodesk Nastran In-CAD)
- Controls Experience would be a plus
- 3D Modelling & CAD Experience (Solidworks)
- Advanced level of knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- PLM (Project Lifecycle Management) Systems or Processes