Responsibilities include the management of new and existing customers, managing the sales order from handover through to project completion. Creating and driving manufacturing, engineering, and purchasing and assembly timelines to successfully complete all jobs in the time frame agreed with our customers.
This requires successful concurrent management of multiple projects ranging in value from £10,000 to £500,000 per project.
- Main company point-of-contact with the customer after an order has been received, with the responsibility to keep other departments informed of project requirements, schedule changes, etc
- The Project Manager has the responsibility for using internal systems to communicate information through the company to achieve on-time completion of all necessary work.
- The Project Manager will co-ordinate and manage workflow to assure timely completion of work in engineering and manufacturing. Negotiate and influence other departments as necessary to work through problems with the customer and/or internal resource problems that may inhibit our ability to meet customer needs.
- Work with finance to ensure that invoices for work are completed are submitted to the customer in a timely manner. Also assist Finance in collection activities as required.
- Plan and co-ordinate the manufacturing, assembly and testing schedules of the manufacturing facility and resources.
- Schedule and conduct project Kick-off Meetings where required.
- Follow-up with other departments to make sure that target dates are or will be met for each of your projects.
- Track information approval dates to make sure the customer returns them in time.
- When approvals are returned, review the customer comments and identify any changes to our scope of work.
- Advise customer of the change in scope and what affect it has on the project.
- As applicable, estimate the cost impact of the change; agree the price; and pursue a Change Order with the customer.
- Update the internal systems with any changes on a regular basis, based upon current information to ensure that Project Manager generated reports are accurate and up-to-date.
- Manage internal QHSE systems and processes with the assistance of external consultants and inhouse administration.
- Attend the weekly Operations Meetings, being prepared to advise the group of the status of each project.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have experience project managing international manufacturing and/or engineering projects.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical engineering, production and assembly.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple engineering projects simultaneously while maintaining or improving each project’s profitability.
- Interpersonal skills commensurate with the need to interface effectively with external customers and to co-ordinate internal teams to successful and profitable project completion.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications.
- Advanced level of knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- PLM (Project Lifecycle Management) Systems or Processes